 Town / 4553
Re: New MOC: Michigan Theater
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:49:31 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jason Spears writes:

I really like the red stripes on the stairs inside.  The Japanese feel to the
inside is unique.  I particularly like the roof-line just above the screen.
The fire escape along the back is of course wonderful.  That is one the things
I really need to start incorporating into my creations.  Not to be ignored is
the facade.  Wonderful work that.  You have definitely got the hang of whole
1/2 stud offset. (Another technique I need to take the time to add to my
creations.)

Anyways, it was great to see it in person.

-Jason

Jason Spears
MichLUG - http://www.michlug.org/
Lego Page - http://www.ozbricks.com/brickcentral/

The inspiration for the interior came from the Redford Theater in Detroit...
http://theatreorgans.com/mi/redford/

Plus it was a good town use for those extra 6093s and 6088s I had lying around.
I think this was the first time I've really done any sort of floor pattern.

The half-stud offsets came from the need to hide the other side of the grill
pieces.  I think it looks very nice.  God bless those 10115s.

Thanks for the comments!

David Kohrman