 Town / 4526
Re: New MOC: Michigan Theater
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 18:29:29 GMT

David - So far, I've only taken time to check out the Brickshelf gallery but
I wanted to go ahead and send you a "WOW!" in response to your posting.
This is a great building.  Here are some of the things I really like about it:

- The side exit stairs and the way they link to doors at different levels.
- The columns on the front of the building! Two things in particular - the
use of the 1x2 "grill" bricks to create columns and the column-toppers using
the 1x1 round plates.  I consider both of these features "stealable" (a
compliment btw in the manners by which I judge and reckon).
- The marquee - great job on this.

I'll be going back to look over the pictures again and the other page of
information you provided.  Just wanted to give you some quick first
impressions while they were still zinging around my head.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Greg

Thanks for the comments!  I feel that the use of the 1x2 white grills for the
pilasters really make the design work.  Ever since I saw those pieces I thought
they would make great fluted columns.  Never could get enough for a building
until now.  And now I want more of em!  Again thanks for the comments!

David Kohrman