 Town / 4239
  More Garbage (Trucks)

Hello, I don't know what it is with me and garbage trucks, but heres one that was modeled after the kind that New Yorks Strongest use. I am waiting for the 1x2x3 75 degree slopes in white from Bricklink to complete it. (URL) entire folder with some (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: More Garbage (Trucks)

(...) here, but from the movies and stuff, you are right on. The red and yellow stripe really adds something too. (...) -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears Michlug - (URL) Page - (URL) Store - (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: More Garbage (Trucks)

(...) Jason, I apologize for the late reply, the weekend got in the way. It still needs some refining but I think it is really close. thanks for looking and taking the time to post. best, Jonathan (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: More Garbage (Trucks)

(...) Jonathan, I know what you mean about garbage trucks. Everytime I see one around here I'm thinking about how I would make it out of LEGO. Yours looks really great. I also like the red and yellow stripe. It adds some great detail and realism. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: More Garbage (Trucks)

(...) Thanks very much. I got the idea for the Mail truck after seeing a post office in one of the train layout pic's. It is just a simple design that I threw together while making dinner one night. The colors on the delivery truch were chosen 'just (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: More Garbage (Trucks)

(...) These truck desings are so good, they simply screem to be put into Ldraw LDR-files. (You might even consider to sell instances of the garbage truck as custom sets) If you're not familiar with the phrase "custom set" see (URL) for some nice (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: More Garbage (Trucks)

jonathan lopes wrote in message ... (...) here: (...) I think they ought to be entered in the Town Building Contest <shameless plug> :-) (URL) Lego Building contest! (URL) Hospital 2396 piece kit! (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: More Garbage (Trucks)

(...) Thanks very much! They're not *that* good though. I am warming up to the idea of mlcad-ing some of them, but that is way down the road. I am familiar with the custom sets available but have a long way to go before I could consider selling any (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: More Garbage (Trucks)

(...) I will be doing that...at some point. I have some other vehicles I need to photograph as well. Thanks, Jonathan (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: More Garbage (Trucks)

(...) Great creations. I like all of them. I have made some dump trucks but nothing like these. This inspires me create. Does the rear tilt or move? I have an modified 6693 with the wider wheels. It is one of my favorites because of all the movement (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: More Garbage (Trucks)

(...) Thanks Michael. My dump trucks all dump, but the garbage truck does not. The 6693 looks like a great set, I have always wanted one (that and 6668--recycle truck). I will be enetering something into the town contest at some point. I havent (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: More Garbage (Trucks)

(...) the way you used the half-stud offset to simulate the ribbing. --Bill. (22 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.town)

  Re: More Garbage (Trucks)

(...) Thanks, yeah I really like to use the center stud tiles. I will try to post some pix from diferent angles w/in the next few days. thanks very much, Jonathan (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.town)