 Town / 3840
Re: A large yellow building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 02:01:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Timothy D. Freshly writes:
"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message
Hi folks,

A long time ago, I built a horrible blue building with the goal of • spanning
a piece of Lego track.  I couldn't finish it, and by the time
rtlToronto/train2 rolled around, it was nothing but a big empty foundation
and structure:

(BTW, the stairs were put there by some pesky kids who felt they should
freehand in some bricks for me at the show.  #$(*&#($*798#& Grr.)

I put some Lego workers around it and called it a construction site (You
see, Lego rocks because you always have extra construction workers, and • you
always can call something a construction site :) and gave up.  After • train2,
I broke it apart.

Anyways, in it's place I have built a yellow building with very large • windows:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/lego-yellow-index.html

I hope y'all like it.

Calum

Calum:

That is a nice building.  The outside is a bit plain but then again so are a
lot of office buildings.  You may want to play around with some mouldings or
other details to give the building a little more personality.  I really like
the idea of the train running through the building.  One of my fellow
RichLUGers (Rich Schoonover) has a building "under contruction" in a similar
vein - he has two tracks running through it:

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=81725

Your building really reminded me of his.  Thanks for sharing!

Tim

...thanks for your input Tim.

I've seen your layouts (posted)....its amazing how open the libraries down
in RICHmond (Virginia) are.  I like it down there....its humid, but generally
mild in the winters, unlike the winters up here....

Benjamin Medinets (medib)