 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2876
Re: A large yellow building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 01:21:14 GMT

"Jeff Elliott" <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message

(Iain - brace yourself)

::bracing::

For about 1.5 years I worked in a building just S of Summerhill station,
on Price St.  This building is remarkably not only for its awful 1950s
exterior, but because it lies directly over the subway line.  In fact,
it is the first building over the subway as it dives underground between
Rosedale and Summerhill.  The opposite sidewalk is sort of a bridge
railing, and then there're tracks.  We were on the 2nd floor.  So
basically, I could look out of my office window and see at least to the
Canadian Tire store, looking straight through Rosedale station.  We even
had a web 'subway cam' for a short time.

****wimper****

I know that section of track!!! Why can't I find an appartment with a view
like that?

For what it's worth, Summerhill is my favourite "toilet" station. It's SO
NICE. The orange tiles are just gorgeous!!

The noise and vibration are quite noticeable... until you've been
working there for about 3 weeks, by which time you tune them out.

Why on EARTH would you tune them out?! :)

    Iain