 Town / 2485
Re: Town contest voting temporarily closed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:13:47 GMT

In lugnet.town, Ahui Herrera writes:

What is wrong with friends voting for me?  Is that not how the American
Voting process is? To go out and campiagn for votes? That I happen to
promote my entry more than others is not my fault.  Sure I agree some of my
voters did not bother to read my email and just voted for everything and
anything that had my entry on it.  That I am sorry for but have no control over.

Why is the contest so important that you feel that you need to campaign for it?
Shouldn't the fun of this contest be the simple act of participation?  Just to
be proud of your accomplishment and to be part of a group of people sharing
something that is mutually enjoyed?  Even if you don't win, you'll receive
recognition because many people will have admired, and perhaps learned something
from your model.  If your victory comes by way of campaigning, then you've won a
hollow victory because you haven't really won the respect of your peers
(AFOL's.)  Why not just put your creation out there and let the chips fall where
they may?  Sure, you haven't broken the letter of the law, so to speak, but you
sure have broken the spirit of it.

james