 Town / 2461
Re: Town contest voting temporarily closed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:57:06 GMT

In lugnet.town, Ahui Herrera writes:
allows only 1 vote per IP address (in essence 1 vote per person).

The majority of people get a new IP address every time they sign in. They tend
to get IP addresses that are clustered, so it's possible to spot ballot
stuffing by IP address, but they will be able to vote from many IP addresses.

And what you say next indicates that one-vote-per-person isn't even the
issue...

my friends who voted for me
today (I sent emails to 50+ people at work and over 100+
on my mailing list) told me that they DID NOT have the
time to see every other category.  So most just voted
for me on the medium size category and the specials.

In other words, they did the ballot stuffing for you. It's worse than ballot
stuffing because you didn't even do the work yourself.

It has become obvious that opening the voting to any other than those who
entered the contest and lugnet members isn't going to work, and I retract my
offer to write and host a voting mechanism.

Amy