 Town / 2484
Re: Town contest voting temporarily closed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:10:31 GMT

...snip...
- Voting by a select group - (aka judges).
Many artistic, creative and athletic groups rely on this method.  Many olympic
sports use this, art and science fairs use this, the academy awards use this,
even LEGO itself uses this.  I would recommend this method.

Obviously, I'd have to agree

http://news.lugnet.com/town/?n=2470

But - who is a judge?
You need a group that has proven themselves, and if they have entries, they
should pass on voting in that category. My recommendation is that you send a
ballot to each member - of the recipients of the "Cool Site of the Week" award.

That's a good idea; but I think it's more of a starting point: there are
also valid potential judges who don't have a CLSOTW (I don't think Kevin
himself has, I'm not sure). But a good point to start selecting commitee
members, definitely.

Mark W.