 Town / 2474
Re: Town contest voting temporarily closed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:47:23 GMT

In lugnet.town, Brad Hamilton writes:
I like the idea of saying that you can't vote for yourself as well.  I think
we will get better results.

Well I can give at least one reason why not being allowed to vote for yourself
might be counter productive.  For example say there are 5 entrants in a
catagory and I feel the following.

1.  My entry (can't vote for me)
2.  Really cool layout I love this one.
3.  Another really cool layout I like almost as much as #2.
4.  This doesn't looks so good to me.
5.  Maybe an OK layout but the pictures are really bad.

Who do you think I will vote for?

If I were honest I would vote for #2 but I really want to win this so why
should I vote for someone in direct competition with me?  Therefore to reduce
the impact on my chances I will vote for #4 because I like them the least.

Now before you bite my head off I am speaking hypothetically.  Now because
there are no real prizes I would probably be honest but say this was for $1,000
spending spree at S@H...  Bet you buttons I would vote for the entrant that I
think has the least chance of giving me competition.

Just my $.02

Eric Kingsley