 Technic / Bionicle / 319
Re: Bionicle is not Technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 19:51:44 GMT

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 04:10:14 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

Another way of looking at it is that what you once knew as "LEGO TECHNIC" is
no longer "LEGO TECHNIC."  IOW, what Technic is has changed.  :-)

I sure hope technic will change back.  I just got addicted ... ahem,
re-introduced to lego at about the first of the year.  I took a class
in college that has the dacta RCX kit.  Within a week of seeing a
cheesy demonstration bot bounce off a wall, turn around, and head for
a diffrent wall, I'd bought a mindstorms kit and robo-sports.   That
started my insatiable hunger for more elements.  I was very lucky and
scored on some clearence sets with some quality building pieces (beams
and plates), but since that initial clearance, I've been very hard
pressed to find a technic set that a robo-maniac can find useful.  I
don't think there is a single stud in any of the slammer kits, they
are all just lift arms and friction pins, (I've probably got 45 3 bend
lift arms, I think that is enough).   I've never bought a throw bot or
a bionicle, but looking at them, it doesn't look like there is a stud
in any of them either.  Where am I gonna go to get beams and plates?
brickbay is calling

Please lego, make technic sets like the good 'ole days.

Tom Heverly