 Technic / 7349
Re: 1x5, why not?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:28:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
The 5L technic axle was introduced in 1998, I believe.  There also exist
1x5 technic plates (two varieties), as well as 1x5 technic beams.

Are you talking about studless beams?

He must be. The only 1x5 "beam" is the studless variety:
Technic Liftarm 1 x 5 Straight
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=32316

There's also the half-brick-width liftarm:
Technic Liftarm 1 x 5
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=32017

I don't recall seeing any 1x5 plates with studs - are these from newer sets?

1x5 Technic plates come in two types, as far as I know.

"Technic Propellor 2 Blade with 2 Studs"
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?PartID=2711

"Technic Propellor 2 Blade with 4 Studs"
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?PartID=32124

TJ