 General / 36576
Re: 1x5, why not?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:20:33 GMT

I'm not sure how long they've been using it's mold but bricklink lists
'plate 8x8' in at least nine different colors:

Dark Purple
Light Green
Light Violet
Purple
Sand Green
Swamp Green
Violet
White
Trans-Light Blue

It'd be interesting to see how far back it actually goes, I seem to recall
at least one 8x8 plate in my collection at one stage, but don't know what
color it was.  I reckon a few of the above colors might belong to the LoM
series, since they definitely have Light Green colors in them.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

(Remove spamblock to reply.)

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, David Brandes writes:
Why hasn't anyone, in the 50+ years that the lego brick has been in
existence, created a 1x5 or 2x5 piece? Dave.

It took them long enough to make a 1x3, even longer to the 2x2 L shape.

That was my thought, too. I got some LEGO sets in the 80's and early 90's • as
an adult, and then lost interest until a couple of years ago. Once I • started
up again, I was surprised to see 1x6 tiles -- they were introduced in '95.

Here's some other introduction dates, according to Peeron:
1971 Brick 1 x 4
1977 Brick 1 x 3
1978 Brick 1 x 2 in Light Grey
1987 Brick 2 x 2 Corner
1987 Brick 1 x 2 in Brown
1997 Brick 1 x 2 in Green
1998 Brick 1 x 2 in Tan
1999 Brick 1 x 2 in Orange

Since an 8x8 plate just came out for the first time in Harry Potter, who's
to say that a 1x5 or 2x5 plate won't be out sometime soon?

Cary