 General / 36575
Re: 1x5, why not?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 02:54:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Cary Clark writes:
In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, David Brandes writes:
Why hasn't anyone, in the 50+ years that the lego brick has been in
existence, created a 1x5 or 2x5 piece? Dave.

It took them long enough to make a 1x3, even longer to the 2x2 L shape.

That was my thought, too. I got some LEGO sets in the 80's and early 90's as
an adult, and then lost interest until a couple of years ago. Once I started
up again, I was surprised to see 1x6 tiles -- they were introduced in '95.

Here's some other introduction dates, according to Peeron:
1971 Brick 1 x 4
1977 Brick 1 x 3
1978 Brick 1 x 2 in Light Grey
1987 Brick 2 x 2 Corner
1987 Brick 1 x 2 in Brown
1997 Brick 1 x 2 in Green
1998 Brick 1 x 2 in Tan
1999 Brick 1 x 2 in Orange

Since an 8x8 plate just came out for the first time in Harry Potter, who's
to say that a 1x5 or 2x5 plate won't be out sometime soon?

Cary

   Don't forget that a 6x5 plate already does exist (albeit with a
   hole in it).  It hasn't been used for some time, if my memory
   serves me correctly.  (I have two of these things in blue.)

   best

   LFB