 Technic / 6617
Re: Challenge: Technic Model of the Month!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:04:37 GMT

One more thing on Non-Lego parts. What about the use of remote control
equipment?

I've entered my tractor, but I completely forgot that I've used HiTechnic's
R/C unit. I know there are several builders out there that use this
particular device in their models.

Some possible contest rules could be:
1. not allow it (and disqualify my entry)
2. allow it but ignore it (no effect on points awarded during judging)
3. allow it as a special exception

I think the best rule is #2. You could allow any extra non-Lego control
device, but there will be no points awarded or special merit for using one.

Ah, #2 is good, that will suddenly open the challenge for my own
models and the one resting on the "in-progress" shelf as-well :>

I did overlook the HiTechnic RC Unit when I wrote that rule and also
my own RC stuff. HiTechnic is a good thing supporting better models
etc. so it should be in the game but w/o extra points as mentioned.
Then if one RC equipment is allowed, why not all.

So RC is allowed but only true LEGO RC will give an extra bonus point.
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/