 Technic / 6612
Re: Challenge: Technic Model of the Month!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:50:42 GMT

One more thing on Non-Lego parts. What about the use of remote control
equipment?

I've entered my tractor, but I completely forgot that I've used HiTechnic's
R/C unit. I know there are several builders out there that use this
particular device in their models.

Some possible contest rules could be:
1. not allow it (and disqualify my entry)
2. allow it but ignore it (no effect on points awarded during judging)
3. allow it as a special exception

I think the best rule is #2. You could allow any extra non-Lego control
device, but there will be no points awarded or special merit for using one.

As a side note, you could point out that special merit is given to unique
and ingenious ways of electronic control using only Lego parts (e.g.
polarity switches and standard wire connectors). You could create a special
point category that allows for consideration of control devices (e.g. 1
point for only Lego controls, 0 points for non-Lego controls).

TJ

(I know this is getting complicated, but with everyone's help, you'll have a
well thought-out and smooth-running contest)