 Technic / 6608
Re: Challenge: Technic Model of the Month!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:57:33 GMT

Great idea Tobbe!

Thanks!

A couple of questions / clarifications:

1. 100% pure lego is quite a restriction. The problems I'd have with that is
string, rubber bands, and possibly weights and stickers (though I've never used
stickers yet). Are such constituents allowed to be non-lego?

Sounds like someone wants to enter with a crane of some sort .) This
is something I did look by, let's see.

String should be OK as long as it's not used to tie the pieces
togheter, e.g. string from a spool to a crane hook for exampel is ok.

Rubberbands can not be longer/larger then what has been manufactured
by LEGO. I realize rubberbands wear and tear. Although in the Single
set power pulling they must be original LEGO. So as longs as the
rubberband is not longer then official rubberbands they are allowed.

Weights is hard to say but it's a must to build most cranes and
getting the proper amount of LEGO weights is not realistic so I think
they should be allowed. Yes.

Stickers. I have never used stickers myself and they can relly improve
the looks on a model. Judging from Jennifer's awesome models I must
say they are allowed. That's the kind of building results I'd want to
see as a result of this challenge.

Wow, I'm really allowing a lot today :) But no modified parts :)

2. Can a model be re-entered next month if it's not a winner this month?

Yep. If it turns out the same models reapper over and over again until
they win I'll change this to perhaps three in a raw. But as-is it's
ok. I realize one can get a hard time winning if Jennifer, Thomas
Avery, Bram Lambrecht, Dennis Bosman and the likes would appear the
same month as a first time builder :)

3. Can old models be entered?

As-is yes. Since it's a short notice until the 23rd and this challenge
is completely new I thought it would be better that way. Technic
models take much more time to complete then "normal" models do. In the
future this "exception" might disappear depending on the amount of new
vs. old models.
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/