 Technic / 5673
Re: Site updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:03:06 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Jennifer Clark <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> writes:

Do you have a link to this test, it sounds pretty interesting?

I didn't carefully read the rest of this thread, so the following may be
redundant.

I've been collecting links to info about Technic motors. I too have been
pondering the age-old question, "which motor is better?".

Anyway, here are a bunch of links to stuff on the motors:

http://web.mit.edu/sp.742/www/motor.html
http://www.lego.com/dacta/elab/default.htm (look in technical specs for a
link to "motor")
http://prelude.psy.umontreal.ca/~cousined/lego/3-physics/motors/motorpages/motor1.html
(well, this one used to work. It is down now, I think)
http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/lego/motors.html

The last link contains information on normal operating currents and stall
currents for the motors. It definitely shows the geared motor is more efficient.

T. J.