 Technic / 5613
Re: Site updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:12:58 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Lane writes:
After finishing my site I felt it was lacking in demonstrating the trucks
potential so I've added a trailer. The truck can now fulfill it's purpose as
a tank transporter. To see it goto
http://www.geocities.com/steveroblane/

That's pretty good, Steve! It's great to see your models in action.

The truck is pretty slow-movin' (i.e. it's got a lotta power). I'm guessing
that the gear ratio is something around 1:1000. Your drive train must be
really well built.

My experience with my crawler crane (1:1080 ratio on the tracks) taught me
that gear breakage starts around a ratio of 1:600, or so. I trashed many
24-tooth gears getting it right.

I guess I could try a pull with my crawler tracks to compete with your
truck. The only problem would be slippage of the tracks, and if it's
acceptable given your rules.

Has anyone else offered to compete with your truck?

T. J.