 Technic / 4973
Re: 8860 Scissors lift
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 01:29:57 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Simon Bennett writes:

I've got two copies, one of which which I got for Christmas in the year of
release.  Both use 'Shock Absorber 6.5l's.  I always assumed (even as a kid)
that the box photo was a prototype and the shocks were added due to some
design flaw of the prototype setup.

Hi,
I'm looking through the assembly instructions for 8860: the pictures of the
finished model use the springs, all the construction drawings show the shock
absorbers, except the detail drawing on the page between steps 21 and 22
which shows axles and other small Technic connectors, with no springs
whatsoever!

This is the only "mistake" I've ever seen in a Lego book...

Greetings,
David