 Technic / 4956
4955  |  4957
Subject:
8860 Scissors lift
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 20:06:41 GMT

Hi all,

I noticed that the box for the <set:8860> car chassis has a scissors lift.
The scans of the instructions on brickshelf:

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8860/

however, do not have any instructions for the scisssors lift.  Was there a
second book in the box or was this just a suggestion on the box?

I have trying to build a scissors lift robot (really just using the RCX for
remote control) but I am having problems with powering the lifting action.
I can't get enough power to lift any thing substantial (more than 4 layers
of X's).  I am using a mechanism similar to:

http://carol.wins.uva.nl/~leo/lego/piston.html

but the model just wants to fall apart or the motor just stops and hums.

TIA,
Bob