 Technic / 4960
Re: 8860 Scissors lift
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 01:36:29 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Simon Bennett writes:
In lugnet.technic, Bob Sardelli writes:
Hi all,

I noticed that the box for the <set:8860> car chassis has a scissors lift.
The scans of the instructions on brickshelf however, do not have any instructions for the scisssors lift.  Was there a
second book in the box or was this just a suggestion on the box?

I'm afraid there was only one instruction book.  The scissor lift did not
feature in it, it must just have been a box-suggestion, (whatever happened
to them?)

Sorry to disappoint you

Psi

That's too bad; the scissor lift seems to be one of the more interesting
box-idea models. I think many of the smaller and medium-sized Universal from
1989 to 1993 or so had the model ideas on the box as well as the older models.

BTW while we're on the subject of the 8860, what kind of shock absorbers did
it use? The pictures I have seen of the model on eBay auctions that say
"100% complete" or something similar use the light-gray small shocks (also
used on 8865), but the picture on the box seems to have some kinds of
springs wound around axles to make the suspension operate. Anyone know
something about this?

-Gaurav Thakur, raving madman
Can be reached at cp5670@supermail.com
http://cp5670.terrashare.com/TC/