 Technic / 4893
Re: Finally updated the videos on my site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 19:01:30 GMT

Tom Newsom wrote:

The only major difference was in the primary piston of the backhoe. The real
thing can bring the first boom section nearly horizontal, but mine stops a
good way off. Not really a problem as I doubt anyone would ever try digging
a really deep hole with the model....

Good point! I spent a lot of time getting the first boom section on the
excavator to move over (nearly) the proper envelope, which as you point out
would allow it to (in theory) dig really deep holes in shallow bowls full of
beads. The best thing about it, other than the satisfaction of finally
accomplishing it, is the way you can hook the bucket under the table the
excavator is sitting on and make it do funny contortions and movements. Ah, the
things that amuse us :-)

Jennifer