 Technic / 2003
Re: Experience with Tow Truck 8462?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:14:07 GMT

John Jensen <skurt@vip.cybercity.dk> writes:

there will be no proper tank capacity without a reduction valve,
has anyone done any experiments in this regard?

I believe Linc Smith posted a long article about using some elements
from disposable syringes to make an "air flow limiter".  It is
probably a very early post on LUGNET.

He basically converted one of the T-connectors (which many people have
a lot of) so that it was narrower, allowing only a small portion of
air through.  This way the air tank could be used while still
maintaining fine precision control over the pneumatic cylinders.

I'll agree that the air tanks are cool, but not too useful unless you
only want to lift something fast without any precision.

Fredrik