 Technic / 2002
Re: Experience with Tow Truck 8462?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 07:35:01 GMT

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:19:51 GMT, Jennifer Clark
<jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote:

I have (a little guiltily) taken the pneumatic elements from the box and applied
them in other models, which was interesting. Someone commented in another thread
about using the air tanks, and how the can badly affect a model. In some ways
I would agree with this, although the jury seems to be out on an opinion poll of
my friends of no air tank vs. air tank. The model used a compressor with a
pressure detecting valve which switched off the motor when the pressure reached
a certain point. Basically, the air tank seems to:

Gotta learn to handle this tool one day:)
Just had to add this:
Using airtanks is not always a bad idea with compressors, when you
only need a single or few pneumatics actions once in a while, the air
tanks can be nice to have (ofcourse with the handpump I prefer tanks
too), but since I mostly do in continous action, there's really no
need for either tank or shut-off-valve (btw, the codepilot is
excellent for controlling a compressor that doesn't need to run all
the time). Just wanted to explain why I'm so against the tanks:)

Kind regards
John Jensen