 Technic / 14602
  Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

A while ago I saw an electric robot on TV that had 6 legs in 2 rows of 3 and moved one leg at a time forwards (lift, forward, down), then all back together. I thought this is an ideal application for Lego pneumatics. I don't still have it built, but (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) Hi Mark, Now I know what to build next..... a four legged walker that lifts one leg at a time. On paper it looks like I can get one made for 1+2n pistons and 2+4n switches. This assumes that legs mechanically lock when weight bearing. I don't (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) hi, why do you wanne build a thing that lifts one leg a time?.... i did it but it dont have any advanges. it isn't much more stable. it isn't faster (my cat 343 was not to slow) but stil i don't see any inprovments. the only thing is that it (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

"sigurd" <sigurd18@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:IMrs0L.18LJ@lugnet.com... (...) Didn't the Star Wars AT-ATs move one leg at a time? (Going by memory sometimes produces weird results) Rob www.brickmodder.net (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) (SNIP) (...) This one has moved away from my usual differential logic. Each leg module has a flip-flop for the foot and hip, which does 3 out of 4 movements and waits for the fourth to be done all legs together. I see how single switch AND (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) I understand that leg 0 is moved up forward then down, leg 1 is moved up/forward/down, leg2 is moved up/forward/down, leg 3 is moved up/forward/down, and finally leg 0, leg 1, leg 2 and leg3 are moved back. I don't quite understand why you (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) Hi Sigurd, Maybe I can do it with fewer pneumatic parts? Kev (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) How many different 'designs' could one come up with for an AND gate in LEGO pnuematics anyway? -Rob www.brickmodder.net (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) Not many efficient ones, but it very much depends on the type of logic, whether it's differential (a pressure hose and a leak hose to a cylinder) or single (a few switches daisy-chained for an "all legs up" condition) If anyone were to patent (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) I've come up with three AND gate technologies so far. Also I've come up with three OR gate designs too (those are differential output, plus I have a single pressure OR too). I've only come up with one differential XOR and a single pressure (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) There's probably no limit to the number of designs, but only a few will have a situation where they are the best one. Different designs are better in different situations. Of the differential output designs that provide output hoses to both (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote: <snip> (...) Is there such a thing?!?! :^) Kev (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) An effect of too many trains? Perhaps a one track mind :-) Mark (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) I was referring to "too many trains"! I believe any and all claims of too much LEGO to be false. Assuming your trains are all LEGO, then I beleive your "too many trains" to be false also! (...) This too. (...) Kev (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) Haha! Yes, I could never have too many trains, but a bigger house would be an advantage since I could run 16 8mm scale trains on a big enough layout. I have a long-term plan for a warehouse full as a museum :-) However, too much concentration (...) (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) For a hexapod, I've revised the design and implemented it. The cost savings were not quite as high as I thought, but...... Pistons = 2n+1 (13) Switches = 5n+2 (32) I'll be posting pictures, movies, timing diagrams and schematics in a different (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)