 Technic / 14443
Re: SSC: Re: Classic timing circuits and XOR gates (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 21:57:24 GMT

On Tue, August 9, 2005 4:41 pm, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Next I have to modify the leg design so that the legs don't deform as easily
when sweeping from front to back.  Right now, all the torque goes through one
poor little axle.  Not good. Hey, whaddaya want for a couple weeks work?!?!
This is not really true, because I did a bunch of experiments throughout the
year to make it this far.

On the next version, when the legs sweep symmetrically, it might be good to use
shocks to allow the legs to bow in.  The feet sweep out an arc, and in doing so,
they fight each other a little bit.  Shocks might let the legs bow and reduce
the fighting.

Yes, I was just going to suggest shocks to push feet out.  It would create a knee,
to bend in and out as it walks.

Steve