 Technic / 14430
Re: Classic timing circuits and XOR gates (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:00:12 GMT

Hi People,

I really appretiate the circuits Mark has put up, they are very
instructive, and between you you guys are taking Lego pneumatics
before I have seen it go before. But - in your diagrams, you do not
label the components - which make them hard to discuss or follow.

If you have seen electronic circuits, its not unusual to apply labels
like c1, c2 for capacitors, r1, r2 for resistors and such.

So can I propose using the following labels?

V1/V2 for the valves
cp1 for the compressor pump
cy1/cy2 for the cylinders (regardless of size)

The other suggestion is, so you can make it clear where the
compressor/intake is, place the net for this along the bottom or top
of the circuit (again like you would do with power rails in an
electronic circuit). It adds an additional level of clarity.

I have a few thoughts on the operation of these circuits which I am
gathering, but I thought this would benefit you. It would be great if
diagrams like Marks could be drawn for some of the other devices too -
as they really do aid understanding.

Cheers
Danny
--