 Technic / 14428
Re: Classic timing circuits and XOR gates (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:39:58 GMT

hi kevin,

looks good, only a few thinks are not cleare to my, are the XOR gates somware in
the body whare the don't have any oder function?.......
and do the legs just need to keep up whit the central timing system?.....
or did the walker make sure al legs are dropt (or locked) in the down positoin
before it move's to the next stap?
and the last question is: do all the extra pistons and swiches dont take more
time then the classic timing circuit? because you've made a 12 state cycle with
extra pistons

In the end, these creatures walk slowly, and tend to freeze up and stop walking.
This makes them less reliable than I like.  When Sigurd showed me his fabulous
hexapod walker, he mentioned that he ran into reliability problems too.

the reliability problems wasn't that it freeze up or so only swiches, tubes and
pistons how ware leaky makes it hard to get working

I guess I've been droning on...... sorry.

don't say...... go on!!!

Well, this is another one of my long diatribes about pneumatics, but usually
there are at least a few people who wade through a long post like this.

oww yea the do thanks for you're inspiration :)

I hope it is comprehensible.

Kevin

sigurd (van starkenbUrg ;-)