 Technic / 14439
SSC: Re: Classic timing circuits and XOR gates (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 20:37:06 GMT

On Tue, August 9, 2005 3:10 pm, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Here is a picture of SSC1

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/SSClagorpion1/p8040144.jpg

SSClagorpion 1 has eight legs broken into two groups of four.

I don't care what Eric says.  This is pretty just like it is.  :)

(sorry to stray from pneumatics)

It looks like a totally studless design.  (some of the beams used are studded, but
could be replaced with studless)  Is that correct?  I don't see any plates, just
beams.

Do all the legs have the same sweep?

Do the shocks compress much when it walks?

So many questions.  I'm looking forward to seeing it at BF.

Steve