 Technic / 13934
Re: Radial Engine (and V8 crankshaft)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:59:21 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Walter Geissmann wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:

That design eats my design with a chipper!  I tried to make a radial engine with
a single row of cylinders and had to butcher 6 cylinders, two wheel rims, and
one "lever" piece!  Their design for the master cylinder would eliminate the
butchered lever on my design, and their design for the circular array of
cylinders is better too.  Now if someone can figure out a way to arrange a
(Lego) V8 crankshaft to bend 4 directions instead of 2, I will repent from the
sin of butchering Legos!
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=837365

Reading your mail I remembered my attempts to build a radial engine and decided
to finish it.

Great job!

So far it looks like the only way to make a Lego radial engine is to make 2 rows
(or loops) of cylinders.  Has anyone ever been able to do it with just one row?
(6 cylinders)

Nathan Bell

Walter Geissmann