 Technic / 13933
Re: piece count
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:10:57 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Vineet Honkan wrote:
   I was just roaming the internet, and I saw a preview of the new LEgo Technic Crane, and it must be a very big if not the biggest set so far. It has over 1800 pieces! Here’s where I found the piece count:

Um Vineet, I asked about the piece count as well, and here is the reply thanks to Larry. This is 3 weeks ago.

Currently the biggest set is ISD at 3104, soon to be Death Star at 3441. But: the biggest Technic set so far (excluding resource sets) is 8461 at 1483; The biggest model team set (which usually have some Technic construction) is 5571 at 1743, but the crane dwarfs them all!

So this “mother of all Lego crane sets” is the biggest Technic set of all time.

   http://www.maskofdestiny.com/article2.asp?i=89838

This site also gives info about the other sets that will be released later this year. (Only 5 more months to go!)

Yay! I’m already jumping! Just like I did for 8455 and 8436. (I bought both)

They do have a better writeup than anybody else I’ve ever saw, there’s no doubt about it.

Keith