 Technic / 13787
Re: Radial Engine (and V8 crankshaft)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:34:33 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Didier Enjary wrote:
More than one year ago, I discover at LegoWorld 2003 the radial engine by Marc
Schickelé (among other interesting Technic stuffs).

As we like to share, I've said him I will make the building instruction for his
engine....it took a bit more time than I thought initially :-)

The initial announce by Marc here http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=12127 links
to videos of the running engine.

Didier Enjary

That design eats my design with a chipper!  I tried to make a radial engine with
a single row of cylinders and had to butcher 6 cylinders, two wheel rims, and
one "lever" piece!  Their design for the master cylinder would eliminate the
butchered lever on my design, and their design for the circular array of
cylinders is better too.  Now if someone can figure out a way to arrange a
(Lego) V8 crankshaft to bend 4 directions instead of 2, I will repent from the
sin of butchering Legos!
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=837365