 Technic / 12292
Re: pneumatic cylinder: why not hydraulic ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 08:54:27 GMT

purpledave@maskofdestiny.com (Purple Dave) wrote in
<HvrHn0.Cpw@lugnet.com>:

I can think of a few concerns that would need to be answered before
using a pneumatic cylinder as a hydrolic cylinder:

I'd add

7. if you used hydraulics, a cylinder would extend or retract fully with
one stroke of the pump. The resistance the cylinder encounters is
transmitted to the pump in full. Couple that with the resistance of the
fluid itself (not insignificant for the small diameters we're talking
about)...
You also couldn't use compressors anymore.

--
Harro de Jong