 Technic / 10248
Re: Dear Lego, please stop doing whatever business thing you did that lead to the 8466 4x4 off-roader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:07:00 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Koudys writes:
In lugnet.technic, Steven Lane writes:
In lugnet.technic, David Koudys writes:

I'd rather have the 8466 over the 8880, even with the green panels--the 8880
is pretty neat, but overly complicated and doesn't have near the suspension
'out of the box' that the 8466 does.

I find that if you want a car, the 8448 'blows the doors' off of 8880

I don't want a car, I never said I did, I only buy sets for the great parts
and then build my own thing. I just want to build cool vehicles with driven
steer axles. I also have no experience of the 8448, although  I know I hate
the wheel trims.

If it's parts, then don't ask for sets and ask for accessory packs.

I wasn't asking for either, the guy who started the thread wanted the 8466 I
was simply saying the 8880 was a better set for 4x4 parts (4x4 parts being
the reason for buying either set). I doubt Lego would make special steering
parts especially for accessory packs, although it would be great if they
did, and a lot cheaper.

If saying "Not the 8466!" cause it doesn't contain such 'n such piece, then >ask for such 'n such piece in an accessory pack.

If you want to build cool creations (and we all do :) ), then again,
accessory packs.  Don't write off the 8466 because of want for parts.

I buy second hand sets for parts all the time. If I need the specific parts
in a set I'm likely to need the generic ones too.

Steve