 Technic / *15591 (-20)
  Re: work in progress | more pictures and information

"Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:I73M8w.1v5H@lugnet.com... (...) out. (...) with (...) + (...) the (...) since I (...) results! (...) (20 years ago, 13-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: work in progress | more pictures and information

(...) Dennis Bosman did a smaller truck crane here (URL) So here it is, 70% completed, a MAN TG35.410A 8x2/4 with a 100 T/m crane + (...) Looking good! (...) Nice to see another model coming together, I can't wait to see the results! ROSCO (20 years ago, 13-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: work in progress | more pictures and information

Ok, I haven't seen anybody doing this before, so I thought I'd be the first out. Well, several people before has done it, but I never have seen a crane with jibb on a truckchassis yet. So here it is, 70% completed, a MAN TG35.410A 8x2/4 with a 100 (...) (20 years ago, 13-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New pics

(...) Glad to be of help Keith! I did not use the tires from the backhoe because in my design, the differential has to fit in between the A-Frames (not just between, but inside). The only way to put the back hoe tires on my 4WD suspension is to (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: work in progress

Well, most likely the fronts going to change, sine this is just a halfway concept, and its just getting the shape. I know I will succed with this one, but first I will have to order some parts, and finish the front. regards ----- Original Message (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: work in progress

(...) I like what you've done with the front corner of the cab. I'd thought about using that part myself as it cures the unsightly holes in stacked macaroni corner pieces. I've not got around to building a truck yet so I haven't been able to use it. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  work in progress

Hello, since last time, things has changed, and I've been busy with work. Well, now I have found some time to build something, and here (URL) one of my current models are photographed. enjoy jt (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New pics

(...) The 45982 tire (the big ones on the Backhoe) seems to be the correct shape, and about same size as the 8880 tires. Get them and you don't need the caterpillar tracks. BTW, that Bimba piston should allow us to make a fully pneumatic crane (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New pics

(...) They are pneumatic lines. You might actually have some, depending on what sets you have. They can be used as bars, tubes for flex cables or just decoration. (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New pics

(...) What are those round tubes that you connect pneumatic hoses to to extend them? I don't recognize the piece... >> Mark (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New pics

(...) Hi Jennifer. Yes, they are caterpillar tracks. The 8880 tires were not the correct shape to be telehandler tires, and wrapping the tracks around them was the only way to make them taller and narrower. I think real ones are 4-5ft in diameter. I (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mercedes Benz Actros 1840 Strawtransport, Scale 1:13

(...) Hi Dennis, Thank you for your nice comment to my truck, and thank you for posting it on (URL). They have not yet asked to buy the model, but it suits theyre office very well. But its hard to set at price on the model, it is hard to collect all (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: New pics

"Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:I6rIn0.qMs@lugnet.com... (...) I like the way the pneumatic hoses on the boom fold away. Also, is that caterpillar tracks wrapped round the tyres? Jennifer (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Big Truck

I'm not saying that using indie front suspension is bad, In fact, I'd love to see more lego trucks with suspension. BTW, sorry for opening this pandora's box, (20 years ago, 7-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Big Truck

(...) May I ask why is this bad? They probably modelled the suspension after some real sets which saved them a lot of brain juice. And I think there are real trucks (actually buses) that use independent front suspension. Keith (20 years ago, 7-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  New pics

New pics of the telehandler are available. Are they satisfactory? The Bimba piston fits well, except there is so much weight while under load that the crab steering does not work very well. Eventually the boom will need more height. The tractor (...) (20 years ago, 6-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mercedes Benz Actros 1840 Strawtransport, Scale 1:13

Hi Anders, It's a very nice model. It's very life like because you've added lots of details. And the opening doors are a nice detail as well. Now you can have a good look into the driver's cab. And do they want to buy your model? I think it suits (...) (20 years ago, 6-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Big Truck

I recently saw this truck, and I must say it is huge! My only qualm with it is that it, along with all the other big technic trucks I've seen on Brickshelf, always use independent front suspension. As for compliments, I'd have to say that's a nice (...) (20 years ago, 6-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Big Truck

This guy is good. I think this is the biggest truck ever put on brickshelf. What does everyone else think? (URL) (20 years ago, 6-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mercedes Benz Actros 1840 Strawtransport, Scale 1:13

This is great! Very life like. Nice execution of design. A friend and I toured your new site. You do nice work. Very well done. e (20 years ago, 4-Nov-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact