 Technic / 13238
Re: New pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:28:50 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark wrote:
"Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
New pics of the telehandler are available.

I like the way the pneumatic hoses on the boom fold away. Also, is that
caterpillar tracks wrapped round the tyres?

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer.  Yes, they are caterpillar tracks.  The 8880 tires were not the
correct shape to be telehandler tires, and wrapping the tracks around them was
the only way to make them taller and narrower.  I think real ones are 4-5ft in
diameter.  I almost got run over by a telehandler once- that's how I know how
tall the tires are.

I am about to upload new pics of the tractor trailer and also a new trailer for
the dump truck.  They are 2 different designs for folding rear ramps.  Look for
them in my next posting on brickshelf.

Thanks for your questions!