 Technic / 13241
Re: New pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 05:07:54 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:

Hi Jennifer.  Yes, they are caterpillar tracks.  The 8880 tires were not the
correct shape to be telehandler tires, and wrapping the tracks around them was
the only way to make them taller and narrower.  I think real ones are 4-5ft in
diameter.  I almost got run over by a telehandler once- that's how I know how
tall the tires are.

The 45982 tire (the big ones on the Backhoe) seems to be the correct shape, and
about same size as the 8880 tires. Get them and you don't need the caterpillar
tracks.

BTW, that Bimba piston should allow us to make a fully pneumatic crane truck. I
should try to fit one on the 8460. :)

Keith