 Technic / *10241 (-20)
  Re: Shock Absorbers

(...) You could also experiment with a linkage, having the shocks elsewhere in the chassis like in the silver champ. This may reduce the space requirement around the steering area. ROSCO (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shock Absorbers

(...) Thanks for the response. Actually I have a 4x4 Off-Roader set (or rather, two, since they sent me an extra by accident :D), and as you said it is quite a neat model, almost as good as the legendary 8880 Super Car. It comes with four of those (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shock Absorbers

(...) Ford called it "Twin I-Beam" and it was supposed to add the stability of independent suspension while retaining the rigidity of a solid "straight" axle. Robert Powell (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shock Absorbers

(...) These are, afaik, the same color: people differ on how to name what they see. Instead of adding more shocks, how about adding more suspension arm? There's a type which I *think* is called "walking beam", where the lower arm goes most of the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Front suspension and 3-or-more-speeds gearbox

Help me!!!! I'm trying to build a car (I prefer a sport car, like 8448 or 8880) with all wheel suspension, V6 engine, front steering and rear wheel drive. Also I want a gearbox (3 or more speeds) and I want its (the car's) size similar to the 8440 (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8735 set with too many parts?

(...) I think you're right (at least as far as 1x1 round plates go). I know the more common theory is due to (potential) inaccuracy in the sorting machines, but after buying many many sets with 1x1 round plates in them, I have always ended up with (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8735 set with too many parts?

(...) 1x1 round plates, short technic pins, bushings, helmet visors, and 8 tooth gears always, ALWAYS come with 1 extra in every set. Without fail. I think it's because they're tiny pieces and are easily lost, so they throw in one extra just for (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shock Absorbers

Have you taken a look at the 4X4 Off roader 8466? It has very heavy shocks. They are the same size as the large gray or dark grey shocks just with alot heaver spring and yellow in color. Lego had the 8466 on sell for $59.99 for a while (in the US). (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8735 set with too many parts?

(...) Actually, come to think of it, I cannot really remember ever buying a Technic set that did not contain a couple of extra small bits. In pneumatic sets it is also common to have an extra T-connector and additional tubing left over. Once in a (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8480 Shuttle not locking rear wheels

(...) This is interesting, because I remember having the exact same problem when I first got the set and built it back in 1996; when I tried it one more time it worked fine. I was only 10 years old then and it is quite conceivable that I messed up (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Shock Absorbers

Hi everyone; it has been several months since I last posted here. I have been very busy with real life matters and unfortunately had to take down my Technic set review website due to a lack of time; perhaps I will able to maintain it once again some (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Best all time Technic sets poll

I'm not a Lugnet member but my personal favorites would probably be the following: 1: 8868 Airtech Claw Rig 2: 8480 Space Shuttle 3: 8460 Pneumatic Crane Truck I will definitely want to see the results of this poll though; it should be interesting (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: front wheel drive system

That is a pretty neat assembly, and one could probably reroute each wheel's geartrain to a differential somewhere in the back as well. It might be worth replacing the crown gear/16-tooth gear linkage near each wheel with a 20-tooth bevel (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8461 - wrong piece?

"Keith Blumenthal" <keith.blumenthal@wcom.com> wrote in message news:H3065D.5zw@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) No, there was EXACTLY as many pieces that there should be in my set. When finished there was nothing left. Well that was not entirely (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  8461 - wrong piece?

Hi I just finished putting this beautiful model together however during construction I found I was missing a technic axle of length 8 but had an extra technic axle of length 5. Anybody else have this problem or am I the only unlucky one? Keith (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: front wheel drive system

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Best all time Technic sets poll

(...) Oh, that was never my intention - just filled you in. Perhaps a little unclever of me come to think about it. Oh well... /Tobbe (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: 8558 - naming colors and parts

(...) On the internet! Lojas Americanas had them for R$26,99 just for one day, then they corrected the price and now they are R$ 199,00. I ordered them and received them the next day :-) 1230 parts, mainly Technic for less than R$ 55,00 (~US$16,00) (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8558 - naming colors and parts

Hi Niels, (...) Wow! Where did you find them? Rio or SP? Which Store? (...) Take a look at this picture and see if "Metallic Gray" is the color that they are: (URL) There is another good site with lots of Lego colors: (URL) well, zanette. (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: front wheel drive system

Can someone generate a picture of the design for the Ldraw deprived crowd? (me included...) Thanks, - David (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact