 Technic / 8215
Re: Shock Absorbers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 01:03:08 GMT

Have you taken a look at the 4X4 Off roader 8466? It has very heavy shocks.
They are the same size as the large gray or dark grey shocks just with alot
heaver spring and yellow in color. Lego had the 8466 on sell for $59.99 for
a while (in the US). I just checked the shop@home site and they are sold
out. I have seen them go on ebay for $65-85.00. Not a bad set, five speed
trans, huge tires (same wheels as the 8458 and new 8461), doors like the
8448 and suspension that can be used to make 4 wheel drive with 4 wheel
steering.
Here's a few pictures of mine before I rebuilt it.

Have you tought of using air cylinders for shocks? Look and Alex Zorko's Mad
Max Interceptor MkII  thats a heavy car.
http://www.nicjasno.com/

Andrea Grazi used shocks and air cylinders on this 4X4 model.

Just a thought
Gary