 Technic / 8217
Re: 8735 set with too many parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 01:56:20 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Adrian Drake writes:

1x1 round plates, short technic pins, bushings, helmet visors, and 8 tooth
gears always, ALWAYS come with 1 extra in every set.  Without fail.  I think
it's because they're tiny pieces and are easily lost, so they throw in one
extra just for fun.

I think you're right (at least as far as 1x1 round plates go). I know the
more common theory is due to (potential) inaccuracy in the sorting machines,
but after buying many many sets with 1x1 round plates in them, I have always
ended up with one extra 1x1 round plate of each colour in each set.

If there was some inaccuracy with the machines, then I think by now I would
have found a set with either the right number of 1x1 round plates, or with
two too many 1x1 round plates of a single colour.

Cheers

Richie Dulin