 Technic / 8205
Re: 8558 - naming colors and parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:57:20 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ildefonso Junior Zanette writes:
Hi Niels,

Just bought two sets 8558 - Cahdok & Gahdok. never bought any Bionicle set,
this one is going to be for the parts (and I found them mispriced at about
US$8,00 each!).
Wow! Where did you find them? Rio or SP? Which Store?

On the internet! Lojas Americanas had them for R$26,99 just for one day,
then they corrected the price and now they are R$ 199,00. I ordered them and
received them the next day :-) 1230 parts, mainly Technic for less than R$
55,00 (~US$16,00) - where do we find a deal like that nowadays?!?!

After building the model just for fun, I started cataloging the parts.

Now I have some doubts:

*** colors
Some parts (panel fairing #5 & #6, ribbed hose, flextubing) seem to a new
color. Or are they just dark-gray but do they seem to be a different
color???

Take a look at this picture and see if "Metallic Gray" is the color that they
are:

There is another good site with lots of Lego colors:
http://home.att.net/~clarkcorner/ColorTree.html

Ok, the right color of the parts is "Dark Flat Silver", using the Peeron
standard.
I'll send the inventory to his site later today.

play well,

zanette.

Thanks for the help!

Niels