 Storage / 981
Re: Minifigs and their accessories?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 00:34:07 GMT

Scott E. Sanburn <ssanburn@indalex.com> wrote in message
news:GHnrHq.B9M@lugnet.com...
Jennfier & All,

How do you guys store minifigs and their accessories?

If they are incomplete, then I have a special box for them. I call it the
repair shop, where I might have taken the legs, or torso, maybe the hair
piece. This is always in various stages.

I also have a repair shop - one 48x48 basplate holds totally dismembered
torsos, while another holds randomly assembled figs;

A selection of arms, hands, heads, legs etc are sorted into a model team box
with plastic insert, seen on the left here;
Also in this picture is my headwear kit, semi sorted into a custom 48x48x2
storage box built from half a soccer field and a selection of technic beams.

Accessories, I have tons of them. I separate most things, like swords, • guns,
axes, dart guns, etc. They are not color specific, it would take up too • much
space. The only exceptions are visors for helmets, helmets, and airtanks.
They get their own colors, so I know if I need some more.

Most of my accessories are again semi-sorted onto a custom 48x48x2 storage
box, but this time built with 1xX bricks rather than beams, and a couple of
small tackle boxes. Mostly I do not seperate by colour, but my green flames
(seaweed), trans blue spears, and blue/green katanas are put seperate in my
rare/unusual section.

For bulkier accessories I use a couple more plastic trays from Lego sets (I
have plenty of these from being ~75% technic complete) with sections for
such things as tool/feather wheels, Soccer Balls, Flags, Airtanks, Shields,
and Treasure.

However, the bulk of my minifigs are "stored" as complete figs, with
hats/hair, and occasionally weapons/accessories on 2x16 plates built up a
bit like soccer stands.
Currently I have three such stands, holding over 1000 minifigs, with some
500 others randomly dotted around in models, repair shop etc.

Whenever I want/need a fig, it is a simple matter to pluck someone
appropriate from the stands, though I prefer to assemble something from the
repair shop rather than pull them from the display.

Finally, I should mention that my custom storage boxes that hold the
hats/hair, accessories, random figs, and dismembered figs stack neatly into
a 48x48x~12 box that can easilly be picked up and taken to a fest.

(Duckie) Dave Till