 Storage / 976
Re: Minifigs and their accessories?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:03:26 GMT

Jennfier & All,

How do you guys store minifigs and their accessories?

It really depends on how you use it  effectively. I am getting so bad now it
is pitiful. I use the plano storage tackle boxes, various sizes and demensions.

My minifigs are sorted by various things, the first sort is complete / not
complete. If they are complete, they have their own box / bag. I.E. Futuron,
then by colors, black, red, blue, etc. Same goes for town, fire, police,
"regular" people, train workers, etc.

If they are incomplete, then I have a special box for them. I call it the
repair shop, where I might have taken the legs, or torso, maybe the hair
piece. This is always in various stages.

My minifig parts are separated by parts: Legs, heads, hair, etc. If it is
something I will not use, or is in bad condition, it is in a separate part
of the tackle box. I have about 4 or 5 tackle boxes just for minifig parts.
I also have one for hands, arms, legs.

As for heads, I have the good / no good sorting, and then the ones I rarely
use (bad faces, sruffy, etc.) and the ones I do use (classic smiley). They
have one tackle box.

Accessories, I have tons of them. I separate most things, like swords, guns,
axes, dart guns, etc. They are not color specific, it would take up too much
space. The only exceptions are visors for helmets, helmets, and airtanks.
They get their own colors, so I know if I need some more.

I've gone through various stages of storage methods, but i've yet to find a
fantastic solution :/

I don't know of any off hand, it depends on how you approach minifigs. : )
I always recommend that you sort stuff you know you will need, and that you
look for first. Mine is classic smiley heads, or other generic heads,
helmets, visors, and air tanks. Then, the other stuff that is rarely used,
put that on the shelf, or in bags.

Scott S.