 Storage / 975
Re: Minifigs and their accessories?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 17:54:52 GMT

I find the whole tub full of bags full of accessories to be a but
cumbersome... i was thinking of perhaps separating townie
helmets/figs/hair/accessories into a tub for easy transport to a
display/show... since it's unlikely i'll need a harpoon or a magic wand,
or a giant halberd at a train show - but i'm not sure that's really the
best way to do it.

yeah, making it transportable is tougher.  Have you thought of using a
toolbox with compartments?  Some of them have interchangable trays, too.
Then you could choose what type of parts you need and then just take those
along for the ride.

That's not a bad idea - though, i'd love to be able to keep *all* my
towny type things available.. ie: not a separate "travel pack" but that
would be the final sorting destiation... might not expand enough
(eventually) :/

plus, sorting accessories in a huge pain - i've got a bucket full of
unsorted accessories i'm slowly going through now - it's what's pressing
the issue.

I'd have to agree that accessories are a pain, but there is one thing worse:
sorting technic pins and small bits by the hundreds... I have a shoebox
sized bin that has been tormenting me for a couple months.  I can only sort
it in short bursts because grabbing all those little parts starts to stress
my fingers pretty quick.

lol!  Technic?  That's Dan's job :)  he sorts those into these cases
with small pull out cubby sections... I think he wants to make a travel
pack though :)