 Storage / 1377
Re: Moving your sorted brick cross-country
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:59:32 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Aaron Sneary wrote:
HELP!
I am moving from the DC/Baltimore area to the San Diego area in a month or less.
I have 75% of my collection sorted. Some is in easy to move plastic shoebox
sized containers. A lot is in hard to move Stack On brand organizing drawers or
tacklebox type organizers. I would rather not have to re-sort it all. Any
suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Aaron

I just moved a couple of months ago, and had the same problem.  Lots of Stack On
boxes with lots of little drawers.

I took my solution from a common warehouse shipping practice.  Wrap everything
in plastic wrap.

I bought a couple of boxes of that plastic cling wrap used for covering food,
and wrapped each Stack On box with a couple of layers, both horizontally and
vertically, making sure all the drawers were covered.  That way I didn't have to
take the drawers out of the units, no plastic bags were involved, and when I got
to my new place, I just cut the plastic wrap off and restacked my boxes.
Wrapped well enough, you shouldn't lose a single brick.

-Elroy