 Storage / 1372
Re: Moving your sorted brick cross-country
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:13:42 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Aaron Sneary wrote:
HELP!
I am moving from the DC/Baltimore area to the San Diego area in a month or less.
I have 75% of my collection sorted. Some is in easy to move plastic shoebox
sized containers. A lot is in hard to move Stack On brand organizing drawers or
tacklebox type organizers. I would rather not have to re-sort it all. Any
suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

I recently moved a good distance, and had to move my big 'ol collection with me.
Like John mentioned, I used LOTS of ziploc baggies. I just moved my parts bins
to one baggie per color/size/shape like I had already sorted them.

I had a few tackle boxes and lots of the flat Plano type boxes. Some of them
were simply closed and then taped very good. Others where emptied and bagged.
Just depended on the box... I wanted to makes sure they didn't spill out in
transit. If you decide to tape, DO NOT use the brown packing tape..it'll never
come off your boxes. If you do tape, buy the most expensive clear
packing/sealing tape you can fine. It'll peel right off on the other end.

I'd also suggest triple taping the boxes. Seal up every opening between the
flaps to ensure that if baggies come open, your parts won't spill out.

This is how I moved my collection, and my 30+ boxes of bricks (most were about
the same size as K8s) arrived (mostly) in one piece.

Good luck!

Jake

---
Jake McKee