 Star Wars / 9209
Re: My Lego Animation...Again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:42:35 GMT

http://vulcan.spaceports.com/~czajka/FireIce/Vidfiles.htm
In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Hodges writes:
I was fairly impressed by the trailer, it certainly looks like it took quite
some time to complete.  Tell me, what kind of camera did you use for the stop-
motion work?

I would be intrested to know some of the technical details as well. I just
received the LEGO Studios (yes it is shipping from S@H now) but can't use it
on my Windows 2000 computer despite what the catalog description claims. Tech
support says it will only work on Win98SE and the new Win ME.

What camera and software did you use? Does your 15 months include all of the
preproduction set building, etc., or just actual filming and editing?  The
trailer is 1 min 30 sec. How long is the final movie going to be?  The AVI
file which I downloaded was 4+ MB of data and the quality was very poor. I'm
wondering if the picture quality/size issue is a result of the format you
choose for your movie.  The sample movies on the http://www.lego.com/studios
web site are about this length and about his same file size but are much
better quality.  LEGO Studios uses quicktime movie file format.

I've been planning on organizing a group of people to do the entire original
trilogy in stop-motion Lego.
What myplan was, was to setup a webpage for it, get people to sign up to film
one or more scenes, then piece the movies together, and distribute them
online.
I would think this would take qite a lot of planning for a consistency of
image size, quality, lighting, etc. if the final product is to look good.

My e-mail address has changed, so anyone who's interested in participating in
this project please e-mail me at: hobartrus@hotmail.com

I would cross-post this to a movie making group but I don't think one exists
yet. ;)
BEN GATRELLE