 Star Wars / 7959
Re: NLS opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 03:43:57 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Gerry Venteicher writes:

Some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope, I am • sounding
like my dad.  Their is an easy answer for your wife's oppinion.  I am • asuming
that she is not a Lego nut like us.  Thier is a obviouse difference • between
the two.  The Millennium Falcon is for ages 8 to 12 and the UCS is for • ages 12
to 16.

No, she isn't a Lego nut. That's why I thought it was profound that she
thought the Millennium Falcon was crappy compared to the
SNOWSPEEDER, which is NOT a UCS set. I would assume that
someone who isn't a Lego nut would think the MF looks just fine
because it sort of captures the general shape correctly.

What Lego has done with the Falcon is they gave kids an opportunity to • use
thier imagination, God Forbid.  Sure it has a ton of different colors, but
that gives all the more possibilities to create new things.  When your • were a
kid how long did your legos stay in a specific model?  If you say longer • then
a day you had a boring childhood.

What Lego has done with the Falcon is make it as cheaply and with as
few parts as possible so they can charge $100.00 for it and make some
profit. I complain about it because Lego hasn't maintained the level of
quality and attention to detail with this set as they have with other SW
sets. They raised the bar on themselves, here. Again, I ask why the MF
has 3 times the parts of the Snowspeeder, but costs 5 times as much.

I rebuilt my Lego spaceships, too, but Lego is NOT shooting for some
noble goal of "Maybe they'll want to add to it and build!" Puh-lease. If they
wanted us to be able to build more and various things, then there
wouldn't be so many POOPs and SPUDs in sets.

My big fear when I read Lugnut and see all the complaints about scale, • color,
and or whatever is that lego will decide that they are doing poorly with • the
line and cancel it.

I doubt that. Lego is a business, and they won't cancel the line until it
becomes unprofitable. Star Wars is hot, so I'm sure no amount of my
complaining will matter to Lego.

Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, Mark.  Some
People are just plain wrong.  Just kidding.
Gerry

It's healthy that you can admit when you're wrong. ;^)

~Mark