 Star Wars / 7967
Re: NLS opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:38:37 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Gerry Venteicher writes:
What a loaded comparison.  You could set the Mona Lisa next to a UCS X-wing
and the painting would look like crap.  They are two totally different types
of sets.  I am guessing the reason Lego came out with the UCS is so that Star
Wars fanboys would get off their backs about scale and color.
Let's not forget that legoes are for kids.  As adult collectors we are in
thier world.  I just recieved the Falcon for fathers day from my wife and soon
to be first child, and I am looking at the instructions thinking," This is
going to be AWESOME!"
Just my oppinion,
Gerry

It *IS* awesome.  I own the set and I love it.  I'm a so-called Star
Wars "fanboy" and I just love the set.  My only problem with the set would be
with the cockpit, but it's such a small complaint that it's not worth worrying
about.  I was amazed at how big this set was (it looked much smaller in the
pics,) and it looks great next to the other Lego SW sets.  I think the colors,
while not perfect, make the Falcon compliment the rest of the SW line.  I for
one am quite pleased, and the money I spent was well worth it.

-Bryan