 Star Wars / 7955
Re: NLS opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 20:46:50 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:

Then why would she think the Snowspeeder is a good set? It was next to
the UCS X-Wing also, and she still thought it looked good compared to
the MF. The Snowspeeder isn't anywhere close to being as impressive
as the UCSXW, but it's still a good set, especially for $20.
Some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope, I am sounding
like my dad.  Their is an easy answer for your wife's oppinion.  I am asuming
that she is not a Lego nut like us.  Thier is a obviouse difference between
the two.  The Millennium Falcon is for ages 8 to 12 and the UCS is for ages 12
to 16.

What a cop-out. If Lego can make a good Snowspeeder FOR KIDS, then
they can make a good MF. Both are for kids, but one was buil well and
the other wasn't. Ever notice that the MF has 3 times the parts of the
Snowspeeder, but costs 5 times as much? Why is that? Especially if they
used cost-saving measures like the 1/4 saucer SPUDs on the MF.
What Lego has done with the Falcon is they gave kids an opportunity to use
thier imagination, God Forbid.  Sure it has a ton of different colors, but
that gives all the more possibilities to create new things.  When your were a
kid how long did your legos stay in a specific model?  If you say longer then
a day you had a boring childhood.

As always, it's my opinion too. If you're happy, that's great.. happy building
to you. I just thought that it was interesting that my NLS was able to
visually see how poorly the MF was built compared to the Snowspeeder.

~Mark
My big fear when I read Lugnut and see all the complaints about scale, color,
and or whatever is that lego will decide that they are doing poorly with the
line and cancel it.  Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, Mark.  Some
People are just plain wrong.  Just kidding.
Gerry